UK Biology Competitions
UKBC encourages the study of biology at all levels by providing biology competitions for secondary school students
27 years of UKBC
A chance to compete internationally
Login to our exam portal
Register for the 2024 competitions now.
- UK team win medals at IBO 2023!This year the International Biology Olympiad (IBO) took place in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates. Four students representing the UK were awarded medals at the competition. Robert Halliday (Hills Road Sixth Form College Cambridge) received a gold medal, Matilda Littlemore (Latymer Upper School) and Tom Postance (RGS Guildford) received silver… Read More »UK team win medals at IBO 2023!
- Four students selected to represent the UK at the International Biology OlympiadFour students have been chosen to represent the UK at this year’s International Biology Olympiad, taking place in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates. The students selected are Matilda Littlemore from Latymer Upper School, Tom Postance from RGS Guildford, Robert Halliday from Hills Road Sixth Form College Cambridge, and Rui-Lin Wang… Read More »Four students selected to represent the UK at the International Biology Olympiad
- British Biology Olympiad 2023 resultsOver 13,000 students from more than 800 schools worldwide took part in this year’s British Biology Olympiad. They completed two 45-minute papers covering familiar and novel topics across the entirety of biology from ecology to biotechnology! Students’ results are now available on the competition website. Pin badges will be posted to UK schools… Read More »British Biology Olympiad 2023 results
- Competition dates announced for 2023We are delighted to announce the dates for our school biology competitions in 2023: British Biology Olympiad 2023 – Wednesday 1st – Friday 10th March 2023 Biology Challenge 2023 – Wednesday 3rd – Friday 19th May 2023 Intermediate Biology Olympiad 2023 – Wednesday 7th – Wednesday 14th June 2023 Teachers… Read More »Competition dates announced for 2023
- UK team win medals as IBO returns to in-personThis year saw the International Biology Olympiad (IBO) return to in-person in Yerevan, Armenia. Four students representing the UK were awarded medals at the competition. Senan Bottomley (St Paul’s School), Sri Nivasan Loganthan (Westcliff High School for Boys) and Jack Yu (Tiffin School) received silver medals and Kez Ward (Forest… Read More »UK team win medals as IBO returns to in-person