In addition to the general rules for IBO, rules for BBO are as follows:
1. Any students eligible according to IBO rules may enter the First Round.
2. Those candidates wishing to compete for a place in the UK team should be willing to undertake a dissection and must be available for all dates of the finals, the award ceremony, team training and the IBO as described here. In addition to the eligibility criteria described on the IBO website they should have been attending a school in the UK for at least two years at the time of the international competition. Under certain circumstances a student attending a British school oversees may be considered, please contact the organisers in this regard. Students are only allowed to take part in one national Biology Olympiad competition each year.
3. Students who have previously participated in the UK finals will not be allowed to attend the finals a second time.
4. Students must be supervised in the same manner as they would when taking public examinations.
5. Teachers must not log in to student accounts. Teachers are prohibited from viewing the papers and there is no need to test the system. The papers load in the same way as pages on the public site. If these work then so will the papers.